Column request: Time Elapsed

Senator Smartypants

The number of minutes that each torrent has been running. This is information that uTorrent already tracks -- it's viewable under "Transfer" on the "General" tab -- so I suspect it would be a simple matter to implement as a sortable column. I used it frequently in Azureus for weeding out long-dead torrents from my list while preserving the ones in a temporary lull.

For example, if I've been on a torrent for two weeks and only uploaded two megabytes, I can remove it and make room for more effective seeding opportunities. If I've only been on it for five minutes, though, I stay on.

Under the General Tab of any torrent file, under the General Listing..there is a "Created On:" field that lists when the torrent was created..couldn't you use that?

It doesn't tell you how long you have had the torrent, but it gives you a rough idea on how long you COULD have had the torrent, right? :D

Inac

Under the General Tab of any torrent file, under the General Listing..there is a "Created On:" field that lists when the torrent was created..couldn't you use that?

It doesn't tell you how long you have had the torrent, but it gives you a rough idea on how long you COULD have had the torrent, right? :D

Inac

Dude, I did you one better right in the first paragraph of the first post. The entire goal of this thread is to get the existing feature turned into a sortable column in the torrent list so I can tell at a glance what my top oldest torrents are. Not a big deal for better or for worse, but I find it to be a good technique for maintaining my maximum global share ratio. It think it would improve the client without adding any significant bloat or development work, so I am humbly requesting it.

• 1 year later...

Archived