Im a new user and I need help getting the best speed posible.

brockrolph

What's so secret that we have to email you?

Just run Speed Guide (CTRL+G) and choose the setting that most closely matches your UPLOAD bandwidth max.

If that doesn't help, we'll need to know your ISP and official rated speed maxes.

And also what router, software firewall, antivirus/antispyware software you're using.

Hi all i am new to this ...i wanted to know the best settings for my situation..Using Utorrent 1.6

I ran the speed test at speakeasy.....D/L - 6726 kbps......U/L - 430, I am not connected to a router or dsl, I am using a WiFi access to my local free site near me......I dont have a firewall installed....I have Norton 2000 a/v software.....what would be my best set up for my case...I am running winxp home sp1......since I am using a wifi access what would be the port I would use........thanks alot

A wifi connection does not handle lots of connections nearly as well as a wired broadband link.

So you have to reduce global connections and connections per torrent WELL below the recommended Speed Guide settings for your upload. Even more than 60 global connections is probably too many, you may need to set it as low as 20.

Also high half-open rates are VERY bad for wifi. Definitely go with the default of 8 and you may need to reduce it to 4 or even as low as 2!

Archived