uTorrent on an intel based Mac without Bootcamp or Parallels

jeroenimo

Yep, checked the main thread - and definitely replaced USERNAME with my OS user name!! It all works fine apart from the WebGUI

Running from a Windows box works fine, but I've got that reserved for other plans, hence trying to get it working on the Mac.

I'm starting to think the problem must be more router related as I have the same WebGUI problem when I run uTorrent under Parallels on the same machine.

However the Windows and Mac machines are on the same LAN, so I don't know why the router issue (if that's what it is) would only apply to the Mac.

I've given up for now, the All Users folder has the settings.dat files etc (basically a copy of what you see in the Windows file structure), but putting WebGUI in there also doesn't work.

It's not worth the time involved to diagnose it, I'm just cobbling together Transmission and Clutch instead for the moment. I'll come back to it when I've got more time.

(Still dreaming of the day when there's a uTorrent version for Mac, but I know that's a long way off yet!)

That's why I was wondering if it had anything to do with Darwine being installed in /Applications and not ~Applications.

However I renistalled it to test it, and /Applications is the default location, so I doubt it's that.

Under Parallels, I locate the folder through the Windows gui, and it's in the usual place....

Either way, the result is the same.

When mirroring the procedure on a Windows PC, it works fine.

Archived