Torrent stops downloading but keeps uploading

LordTwinkie

Recently many of my torrents stop downloading except at a rate of 0.1kB/s, but it keeps uploading at full speed.

This has happened more then once and has only recently started up, I've been downloading torrents for a while with no problems at all. Everytime this occurs it stops when I have downloaded at least 90% of the file.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated thanks.

*edit*

There is also plenty of peers I'm looking at three files right now

Peers Seeds Availability

75(15412) 0(13094) 0.986 0 Hash Fails

86(17052) 0(22296) 0.915 0 Hash Fails

53 (384) 0(1752) 0.997 1 Hash Fails

ok - so how does one know if a torrent is fake...??? and what exactly is a fake?

I have a couple torrents that have slowed right down and I'm only connected to 1 or 2 out of 40 or 50 seeds. they have lots of hashfails - 100 or 200. But they do slowly keep going...

also, any idea what "Reset Bans" does?

The ones with lots of hash fails that still go slowly and only connect to a tiny number of seeds. ...those are often the REAL torrents. After posting lots of fakes, the media industries try to poison all the real torrents -- so only the fake ones appear to have good speeds and "reliability"...at least till you reach 90+% of the torrent and wasted so much bandwidth.

If you watch the ips, you might be able to permanently ban the poisoner ips (using µTorrent's ipfilter.dat file) and you'll receive vastly less hash fails. Speeds will be alot better too, as real seeds and peers won't be accidentally blocked because they contributed to a piece that failed hash.

A series of very close ips (that only differ in the number after the last period) that get a few hash bans is pretty much all guarenteed bad. From personal experience, everything in the 38.x.x.x block has been bad. You have to keep track of ips that are getting auto-banned for hash fail and do reset ban occassionally to confirm.

Archived