Capped Speed.

Jabun

I'm directly connected to my modem, no router. It's a 10/100 mpbs connection. For some reason my speed is capped at 18 Kbps. In the preferences section I chose to display "speed limits in the status bar" option. 18k is all I get. It wants to go higher so badly, but cannot. Any suggestions?

[MERGE]

Very wierd I just figured it out. I changed my upload speed from 30 to 0 (unlimited) in both the connection and Queueing tabs under preferences. It just jumped to 80 kbps. Any reason why?

My guess is you had a typo and had previously set upload speed to only 3 KB/sec instead of 30 KB/sec.

It probably previously said "Download Limited" at the bottom left of the window. That's what happens only when you've set upload speed max to less than 6 KB/sec...you're limited to downloading at only 6 times your upload setting.

Try running Speed Guide (CTRL+G) and doing a couple down+up speed tests while all your torrents are paused or stopped. Then choose the drop-down setting that closest matches your UPLOAD speed in kilobits/sec.

Archived