tracker/download error

lentikularis

i get a tracker timeout error.

i triplechecked it with torrentspy, azureus and g3!!! the tracker is ok and both clients start to download immediately. i try all released utorrents since 1.1.5, but still get the timeout?!

has someone a similar problem like me?

edit:

just found this entry: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?t=1635

which describes the problem

Same problem for me.

Sometime µtorrent tells me the Tracker is timed out and offline, but when i check it with a webbrowser or another client the tracker works perfect.

Updating the Tracker doesent change anything, only restarting µtorrent solves the problem.

This issue is very bad when you download form an Anti Leech Tracker, because your up/downs want be counted, and some Tracker-Admins could think that you try to cheat and ban you from the Tracker.

I think until this problem is solved i will use Azureus.

µtorrent is great, but i wont risk getting kicked from my favorit ALT-Tracker.

@the developer: Please first solve this problem, and then concentrate on DHT.

DHT is a function that many ALT-Tracker Admins hate, and forbid to use this feature on their trackers.

The problem can be fixed by double clicking on the torrent in question in your list. This will bring up the list of trackers being used. Remove the spaces before the HTTP:// of the tracker URL. That is what causes this bug. Now that someone (me) has found the cause of the bug. Maybe the developer can now fix it.

The problem can be fixed by double clicking on the torrent in question in your list. This will bring up the list of trackers being used. Remove the spaces before the HTTP:// of the tracker URL. That is what causes this bug. Now that someone (me) has found the cause of the bug. Maybe the developer can now fix it.

this is not the cause of the bug! not in my case, because there is no space before the "http://..." nor at the end

nice try to take the credits for this one ;)

Same here, i get a timeout even though it started downloading already. It says the target machine actively refuses. Altough it says that, uTorrent is still downloading it. Also, the # of people in swarm is always 0. Wierd. Hope they fix this problem in future versions.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bringing up such an old thread, but I have very similar problem:

Sometime µtorrent tells me the Tracker is timed out and offline, but when i check it with a webbrowser or another client the tracker works perfect.

Updating the Tracker doesent change anything, only restarting µtorrent solves the problem.

It happens, when I have more than 10-15 torrents open on one tracker... For a few hours everything is running fine, then I have timeout on one of torrents, then on two... and after 15 minutes on all of them. Nothing (even stopping torrents for more than hour) helps except restarting utorrent. I'm completely sure it's not a tracker issue, because it just happened sixth time in a row - and it happens on _both_ 1.3 and 1.3.1 beta (b377).

Possiable tracker issues as they do happen but seems unlikely since utorrent does have a conection issue.

1.3.1 beta does seem to hookup much better then before and i have yet to see any drops but i tend not to download so much at once and this could be the reason yours is going nuts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have the same exact problem as nick, except mine doesnt download period. i have beta 1.4.1 build 406 and this only happened just recently. and roningurl's solution doesnt work for me. thanks for trying. :)

EDIT: i ended up just stopping the download and downloading the same file from a different tracker and it worked. yah, sum trackers like (boxtorrents) is somehow banning utorrent users or something. i wonder why?

• 5 months later...

Hi, i have been using utorrent for about two monts and until i few days i didnt have any problem.

I am using version 1.6.

Currently i am downloading five torrents with a connection of 512 kb, using the firewall of windows xp (utorrent is listed as an exception in the configuration of the firewall) and a router linksys BEFSR41 version2.

The problem is that 4 of the 5 torrents are having problems connecting to the trackers and are showing the red download arrow.

In the past the utorrent showed the yellow triangle in the connection status, but that didnt affect the dowload speed wich was about 16 kb/s, currently is about 3 or 4 kb/s.

I would like to know if this is a connection/configuration/tracker error and what could i do to fix it.

Information of the torrents that are currently downloading:

-Torrent 1:

Currently running: 1d 16h

Downloaded: 282 mb

Uploaded: 58.6 mb

Seeds: 0 of 0 connected. (0 in swarm)

Clients: 8 of 17 connected. (0 in swarm)

No download and upload limit.

Wasted: 96 kb (0 hashfalls)

Url tracker: gm-realm

-Torrent 2:

Currently running: 6d 1h

Downloaded: 5.14 gb

Uploaded: 2.82 gb

Seeds: 1 of 1 connected. (0 in swarm)

Clients: 9 of 29 connected. (0 in swarm)

Wasted: 69 mb (4 hashfalls)

Url tracker: extorrents

status: unrecognized host. Please go to site to sign up or login.

Url tracker: boxtorrents

-Torrent 3:

Currently running: 3d 23h

Downloaded: 867 mb

Uploaded: 336 mb

Seeds: 0 of 1 connected. (0 in swarm)

Clients: 1 of 7 connected. (0 in swarm)

Wasted: 12.9 mb (0 hashfalls)

Url tracker: sextorrents

status: unrecognized host. Please go to site to sign up or login.

-Torrent 4:

Currently running: 1d 16h

Downloaded: 460 mb

Uploaded: 101 mb

Clients: 2 of 6 connected. (0 in swarm)

Wasted: 176 kb (0 hashfalls)

-Torrent 5:

Currently running: 4d 0h

Downloaded: 0 gb

Uploaded: 0 gb

Clients: 0 of 0 connected. (0 in swarm)

Wasted: 0 kb (0 hashfalls)

Url tracker: sharemytv

status: connection cant be stablished because destiny host has denied connection

• 1 year later...

Archived