Upload Limit (diff setting for when seeding and downloading)

section31

there is already something like that... Global upload speed, Torrent specific upload speed, IF download speed below ??? THEN upload speed = ???...

arent those enough??? eg. if you want to cap upload speed to eg. 20kb/s when only seeding set "if download speed below ??? then upload speed" to eg. 1kb(traffic between peers while seeding shouldnt go over that)

there is already something like that... Global upload speed, Torrent specific upload speed, IF download speed below ??? THEN upload speed = ???...

arent those enough??? eg. if you want to cap upload speed to eg. 20kb/s when only seeding set "if download speed below ??? then upload speed" to eg. 1kb(traffic between peers while seeding shouldnt go over that)

Sorry, but where is this option?

It's the last thing under network options.

Does it overide the global upload setting though? If I set a the global upload to 25KB then use "if download speed less < 0.1KB then set upload limit to 32KB" will that work or will I still be limited to 22KB. Basically I want to be able to max out my upload if I'm only seeding.

i would like to hear from ludde how it works...

if it counts non-data traffic into whole download speed then 0.1kB/s might be big enough so that rule would be met never...

so to be safe use eg. 1kB/s to maximize upload to 32kB/s

if you really start thinking about how to get 100% control over speeds and rules what they are set for µTorrent needs small scripting language :lol:

where would be certain events(download complete, new torrent, etc.), timers(for doing checks eg. every ?mins on torrents in queue "if seeds < 2 then start seeding"), some variables like UploadSpeedGlobal, DownloadSpeedGlobal, and other settings like those

that would be superb but i think it might too much for ludde to start coding now :twisted:

I also second that this would be a great feature to have.

In ABC, my previous client of choice, when downloading you wanted to maximize your download speed when downloading and when you were seeding the converse was true.

I agree with the rest of the posts that the current implemenation where upload speeds vary based on download speeds should be changed to upload speeds vary based on seeding/downloading status.

Also if a comprehensive disection of the client was done like. in this post [pre-1.1b] Evaluation will the features more likely get included? I'd be willing to make my own comprehensive comparisons.

Cheers on great client.

Does it overide the global upload setting though? If I set a the global upload to 25KB then use "if download speed less < 0.1KB then set upload limit to 32KB" will that work or will I still be limited to 22KB. Basically I want to be able to max out my upload if I'm only seeding.

Just tried exactly those settings... And no, the "if download speed less <" option does not override the global upload setting!

:x

In case the requests have been misunderstood, what we're asking for is a control to *increase* the upload rate (preferably to infinity) while not downloading.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived