Can I switch from Bitcomet to Utorrent ?

phillyman2005

I have 10 Torrents currently downloading thru Bitcomet.....problem is that when i use bitcomet everything else is shut down ...cant go to webpages or recieve email

So can i have Utorrent resume these torrents ....i see bitcomet put the extension .bc! at the end .....not sure if i can get around this either....i just dont want to end back up at 0% .....

Thanks for the help

Yes, you can have uTorrent comlete these downloads. In fact, I did exactly that when I switched from BitComet a couple weeks ago. Just remove the .bc extensions and make sure you save to the same folder that you did in BitComet. uTorrent will detect the partial download, do a hash check to see how far along it is, and continue the download. (It's for this reason that I don't let my Bittorrent clients add an extension to partial files.)

.....problem is that when i use bitcomet everything else is shut down ...cant go to webpages or recieve email

Are you limiting your uploads to 80% of your maximum bandwidth?

Right now i am Using Utorrent.....and i can browse webpages just fine.....

With bitcomet ....even with 50kb downloads and 50 kb uploads.....i am denied access to anything other then torrents

Right now i am downloading at 90kb and uploading 40 kb....and no problems at all .....well i am gonna try this switch-a-roo with the lowest torrent first ....one thats 15% complete......then move up to the ones that are in the 80%

And as for a side note....i use binary newsgroups for alot of my downloads ....and i can download at 700kb and still browse webpages

So Bitcomet just sux....its choaking my router...no computer on my network can get out !

Thank you ......THANK YOU FOR FREEING ME FROM HELL!

I can now let my downloads run 24 hours a day.....and i can stop lying to my sister that our ISP sux.....she complains the internet doesnt work ....it does work ....Bitcomet kills it for anyone else

My torrents are moved over to Utorrent....thanks alot ....much better

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yes, utorrent is much better in resource usage! Still, BitComet is about a year "older" . Naturally lots of important features that are already implemented there - are not (yet...) available here . So, for the time being - I'm using - both ...

features suchg as being banned from many trackers :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I was referring to the "legal"-richer feature-set that was developed over time. You cannot do it over night ... It is only natural the uT will lag in this. Off the top of my head I can name many - such as:

DHT support, many more configurable options, flexibility in defining filenames and folders, full statistical info and much more...

I'm all for uT since BC is 'killing' my PC and my Internet connection, but it still have many "miles" to go to catch-up with BC... ;)

Aside from DHT those features are mostly for the comfort of certain users. It doesnt have anything to do with the performance of uT as a bittorrent client ;]

Didn't I say so :? I meant to... I agree ! But comfort is part of 'life' and is important too. So are bugs ... they come with newly developed features... No worries, it will stabilize in time... :)

comfort is part of 'life' and is important too.

That's what I shoulda put in my feature request speil. The convenience to do a certain task inside uTorrent, and not around or outside uTorrent.

I hate to, (cuz I LUV me some uTorrent!!) but I have to agree when he says it has a ways to go to catch up with BitComet, and some other clients too as far as features. OVERALL, BitComet, Azureus, etc might be better for different task u wanna do. (file preview, temp peer block/ban, etc.) I always say, if ur main goal is uploading/downloading,(*) uTorrent is the #1, tops, numero uno, all that good stuff. But if u want other features too, u might as well leave what u got installed and switch back n forth.

*I didnt mention the low mem usage cuz no other client comes REMOTELY close to that feature ;)

** Please folks dont let this turn into another feature request/bash thread

cuz some features of other clients do have their pluses***

LOL!!!

• 5 weeks later...

I personally think that the problem could be solved by looking into BC's settings.

The default settings of any client can't be right for everyone - as evidenced by the Troubleshooting forums here. However, no client that I know of is that bad that the problems can't be fixed without a little effort (assuming that the problems are caused by the client).

Having said that, I'm all for µT, and would never use BC over it :)

Archived