uTorrent not updating down-/uploading files correctly on trackers

UT4me

Hello there,

thanks for uTorrent, I think it really is a nice program - it did function pretty well on me, is quite easy to use and very low on resources.

Well, but since quite some time I have a problem with uTorrent 1.6 not updating the files I'm downloading or uploading on trackers. For example when I'm uploading 9 files on a tracker and remove one torrent there should be only 8 files showing up uploading on the tracker, which they are. But then when I remove any other files or even close uTorrent (no crash of uTorrent, no crash of pc, no close in TaskManager) there are still 8 files left. Then I have to wait for those ghosts to disappear in my list on the tracker, which may take several tens of minutes to an hour - quite annoying. Currently I don't believe it's the tracker, since I was barely able to find anyone in the tracker forum mentioning a similar problem. On the other hand I couldn't find a lot of people with that here either.

I also have the little problem, that when I start uTorrent at first in nearly every file I get an error telling me that every socket can only be used once or something like that and those torrents stay red at first. However this usually changes to a working condition after five minutes or so. Everything turns green and it all seems allright. I think that might have to do something with what I described in the first part.

I'm on XP Prof SP2 with Tiny Firewall 2005 - that used to work allright. I've forwarded the ports in my router, allowed all necessary access of uTorrent in the firewall and I'm using static IPs in my LAN. Of course I tested my used ports sucessfully - I can upload and download with no problems at all, but I'd very much like to solve this updating thingy here (provided that it really is a problem with uTorrent).

Thank you very much for any help in advance and have a nice weekend.

Greetings

UT4me

UT4me:

1) this could be a problem of the update times of the trackers. Sometimes they are updated only once per hour, so 60 minutes could be possible there.

2) perhaps you use the default settings of connections (which is 10 for an unpatched Windows XP SP2).

Try to patch your XP (look here http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#Does_.C2.B5Torrent_work_well_on_Windows_XP_SP2_systems_with_an_unpatched_TCPIP.SYS.3F ), this could help you.

Archived