Bad Torrents???

fosco jones

I just switched from azerus and I am haveing huge problem with roller coaster speeds. The open source torrent downloads at around 150 kb/s which is great but when I use just about any other torrent (even those with thousands of seeds) it rarely peaks at 10 kb/s and then usually stops completely after about 5 minutes. I dont have a router so there is no port forwarding. Ive done all the tweaking I can think of. The log says unable to map upnp but I thought that was just for people with routers. Windows firewall has been manually ported but Im using XP sp2 and it seems to work the same wether I have it on or completely disabled. I have tried everything before I posted, but Im about to pull my hair out trying to get this thing to work. Any help Please!!!

Just read the rules for posting... My circle has never turned green. From what Ive read since I only use a DSL modem it doesnt matter since I can get it to work some of the time... but not usually.

In "Settings" -> "Connection" you can uncheck "Enable UPnP port mapping".

You're right, this is for router users only. But perhaps your modem has router functions.

For getting a green icon please follow the setup-guide http://www.utorrent.com/setup_guide.php.

To get a green icon is necessary to get full speeds (incoming connections).

If you have a torrent which won't finish and it has a lot of seeders and peers first check the availability of this torrent. If it's below 1 (0.9X or so) its mostly a "fake" torrent.

I have a problem, My torrent stopped downloading a program when it had downloaded 95,5%. I have 0(0) seeds and 2(4)klients. My firewall is not the prolem because i have unchecked utorrent as an exception. I have forwarded ports to and a green light at the bottom of the page! How do i get more seeds so i could download it again?

Help me!!!:D

Archived