Awesome so far!!

bizzyb0t

I followed the instructions in the readme and everything is working great, and I got it to work the first time.

WinXP Pro Corporate Sp2 with the EventID 4226 Patcher Version 2.23d applied to 100 connections.

FF 2.0

Actiontec GT704WG (ports forwarded for uTorrent) (NAT enabled)

DSL connection (Verizon)

Sygate Firewall Pro 5.6

So far, all I've done is connect locally with the http://127.0.0.1:UTPort/gui/ and http://username:password@127.0.0.1:UTPort/gui/ formats

I've been reading through some of the problems people have been having, and I'm willing to bet that they don't have their port for uTorrent forwarded properly and that's why they have so much trouble getting WebGUI to work. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

I'll post again when I test it from my sister-in-law's house to see if it will work remotely.

Thanks for such a really cool BitTorrent client. There is none better than uTorrent :D

Using localhost or 127.0.0.1 does not require port forwarding. It's a local loopback device that stays within the computer, and doesn't go out to the router and back (which is why we always recommend that people test using localhost first to be sure everything's configured properly). But yeah, if localhost is working, but it's not working outside, then the only explanation can be either the firewall on the outside connection, or a port not being forwarded properly.

Yes, I know that localhost is a loopback. What I was doing was posting my configuration so that others could see what I did there. I didn't say it wasn't working and as a matter of fact I came back to state that the WebGUI does work and I have no complaints.

I tested adding torrents, etc and the WebGUI is working wonderfully. I came home and all was well.

Thank you.

(Ultima) The quoting function was removed for the very reason that people unnecessarily quote the entire previous post ;o

Yes I know what you meant. What I'm saying is that it's not a firewall problem unless it works for localhost, but not for external IP addresses. You'd be surprised how many times the problem is actually a case of the user not knowing how to read the readme more than it is a port forwarding issue xD

Anyhow, thanks for the feeback :)

What do you say about this: the saddest part is that even when told EXPLICITLY by us to read the readme, they STILL manage to mess the instructions up, even when their English comprehension is perfectly fine.

So on top of needing to be spoonfed their answers, they can't even read instructions properly. Shows society is in a pretty bad state, if you ask me.

Archived