Help here...spd problems

Blitz

I'm sorry for not replying on my previous old thread about my speed problems..and since its really old i decided to start a new one about the same problem=P

I think i'll start from scratch about my download speed problem story. After reformmating my computer i've instaleld utorrent and done all the stuff like portforwarding and all seems to be fine with upnp,dht and portforwarding successful.However my speed remained to be lousy on the openoffice torrent for testing so i decided to uninstall my norton internet security firewall as what Ultima said on my previous old thread. SPeeds seemed to have improved but not exactly to what i had before the reformmating=/(my current spds on openoffice is about 100+kb ish compared to my old 400+ kb ish spds)

So well after saying my boring story what i'm trying to ask is for help to get my speeds back up,if its possible for course

Download/Upload speed tests:2512/294

Settings on Utorrent:Max global upload:30kb/s

Max global connections:130(spd guide settings)

Max peers per connection:70(spd guide settings)

I used to have max global 360 and max peers 320 on my utorrent before the reformmating that gave me better speeds than the speed guide settings though

Eh 2512kbit/s can't even reach 400KiB/s in the first place ;o

Can you run the speed test (from a server closest to where you live) several times, while you're not using the connection for any other reason for testing, and post the average of the respective speeds? And what ISP are you using?

I live in singapore so most of the servers are relatively far away and my download/upload speeds are about 2000+/300 for all of the USA servers tested.After finding a SIngapore server for speedtests(speedtest.net),my results are kind of weird for my download speed which was like 200kbps/360kbps.My Isp is starhub which i believe it throttles the bittorent bandwidth alittle so i've set my protocol encryption to enabled.Currently my plan in starhub is MAxonline 6500 which i think provides 384kbps upload speed.

Btw I've often reach speeds of 400+ for my openoffice torrent on my utorrent before the reformat=X

Oh and btw i found that my download speed accelerate very slowly.For example on the oepnoffice torrent i can take up to 30mi to accelerate to full speed>.<.Also i've changed my max net half open connections on the advanced tab to 49(i've used the tcpip patch to set max half open to 100) which seems to improve my speeds alittle

Archived