How to KEEP Utorrent from banning peers...

eltsdrac

There's a lot of discussion about how to ban peers for bad data/hash failures but I've run into what I think is a more unique issue. I frequent a private tracker site at which often times the seeder has multiple computers behind a router with a lot of bandwidth doing the initial seeding with multiple computers. So when I look in the peer info I'll see the same IP seeding from 3-6 different ports. Almost immediately U-torrent sets about banning the multiple connections and the data stops downloading. I've tried using the "add peer" feature and it still bans them. I DO NOT want to resort to a third party program like peer guardian or protowall, and it's going to be a huge pain to maunually add the ip's of every seeder to the index.dat which I'm not sure exact what format I would have to construct it in. I don't really frequent open trackers so is there a way to keep it from banning all ip's or an easy way to exclude the ones I want from the ban list? BTW I'm using U-torrent 1600. TIA

Nope, no way to exclude, but µTorrent doesn't actually ban users just for multiple connections... Or at least I've never heard of that kind of behavior (unique indeed ;o). Anyhow, try letting µTorrent allow multiple connections from the same IP (bt.allow_same_ip).

So I can't just put an allow XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXXX line in the ipfilter.dat somehow? I already set bt.allow_same_ip:*true...it's just strange that it does it. So basically I'm just screwed then? I can't keep pushing the reset bans button every 2 mins on a 5gb file...

Archived