uTorrent connects to very few peers

lala

Hi peeps.

it's only happened recently, very very puzzling ...

the annoying bit is that bitcomet the ram sucker runs it close to perfection.

-jubs-

I share your dilemma of very few peers in uTorrent but just a few minutes ago I suddenly got Network OK in the status bar when d/l OpenOffice and I am now maxing out at 50+kB/sec on my 512 dsl. I dont know how it happened but it just happened and I didnt do anything except start the program! oh btw I still only got 260 peers in DHT where I would normally get 1400+ peers in BitComet.

:):)

• 4 months later...

I'm using Verizon FIOS. I have a 15mb/s download pipe. Right now I am seeing 30.99 availability on a torront I wish to download. I see about 130 peers, yet I'm downloading from, usually, a dozen, maybe 15 max. Even connecting to 100 peers downloading at 0.1mb/s it would still knock hours off the download time.

So, I don't believe that the tracker has almost 200 non existant peers, especially when it is using 3 trackers.

Regards

Nigel

My bad,

Using the latest build of 1.5

Yes, I have a green circle

The current port is forwarded, I have 15mb/s down and 2mb/s up

Verizon os not "listed here"

Router is an RTP300 with uPnP enabled however the utorrent port is manually forwarded

WinXP Pro SP2 latest updates including tcpip.sys patch to 512 connections

Windows firewall

I changed max_halfopen to 50 for laughs.

Let me know what else you need

Regards

Nigel

[edited to fix transposed speed rates]

is a piratebay tracker in it? If so, check if the torrent is still listed on the site. Or if the torretn is a fake one!

BTW your DL speed is not so relevant, your UL speed counts when it comes to good speeds

And of course, you wouldn't believe how many dummies out there are on a not corectly configured firewalled line, and U can not connect to them, only they can connect to U. So not beeing able to connect to 200 seeder for it self is NOT an indication that this is a fake torrent.

Wait, 15mbit up, 2mbit down? And did you run the Speed Guide in its entirety? If so, then it's probably not µTorrent at fault, but the swarm. What clients are the peers using?

My bad, wishful thinking on the upload speed :) Fixed the post to reflect correct speeds. 15mb/s down, 2mb/s up.

Regards

Nigel

Archived