UTorrent.exe. download

Bill5299

size: 1.05MB

publisher: Alwil

WTF?!?!

pa_fred, you should be happy you came here in time... the site you are trying to download from is obveously a scam site. They either want you to pay for uTorrent (which is FREE) or they have messed up the .exe and infested it with something (the REAL uTorrent is about 170KB, this one is 1MB) or, most likely, they are doing both. So just visit the link Firon gave you and feel lucky you were not scammed.

Well if you take a look at that picture it isn't strange people click on a 'download' button when the get on the µtorrent site. To some people google adds are easily recognized but a lot of people don't recognize them as adds immediately and click on the first download button they see. Sensible or not imho its a mistake too easily made and thus damaging to the reputation of µtorrent.

Besides its screwed that google would put adds on a site that links to a scam of the free application the site offers. And I was merely wondering if google in all their might and wisdom anticipated on these kinda problems and had a policy about this and/or a procedure to address this.

In the Adsense control panel cant you set a list of keywords which are to NOT apear in the ads? putting uTorrent in there should deal with it rather well..

I notice the UseNext and Paypal donate code has been commented out in the source code, i'm supprised the GoogleAds werent removed as well, No need for it now µT is part of BT Inc. i thought ? :)

Then again.. the 3 ad blocks probably bring in some nice cash from all the people leaving the site for "uTorrent Download" link ads....

D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived