Lots of seeds and peers in brackets, but not connecting to any

mattbrat

All of my downloads have been going at good speeds up until a couple of days ago when i lost all connections, and these are very popular torrents, with 100s ofseeds and peers in the brackets. Have reset internet connection etc, and sometimes i connect to one peer, which i lose very quickly. I can't think of anything thats changed on my system.

You know I have the same problem also. I have plenty of peers in the bracket such as (75), (125)

or so on. A lot of time i am only able to connect to maybe 3, 8, 2 and if I am doing really good 18 of them.

I also have been wondering if it is something in my system that is keeping me from connecting to these other Peers or is it just as it is. No explanation. it is what it is???????

I have went in and increased my Per torrent Connections and also the Global connections. has not

helped at all. if anybody can give some kind of insight please let us know.

Ajoh

Yeah i dled the torrent from your link ultima and i conneced to 1 seed but the others are still not connecting, in the brackets i have a bunch of peers/seeders and from peers alone i get speeds in excess of 400kb/s the problem is without connecting to the seeds i get 99.*% done and it takes forever to finish the torrent, However your torrent seemed to dl fine, also i am only just recently having this problem

Thx

LSK

I think it may be due to setting half-open connections too high, so new connections are only allowed to be made at a very slow rate...if at all!

Either that, or an ISP that is semi-hostile towards file-sharing. So name your ISP, as we know a few that are...and a few that presumeably aren't because many use them without problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Que771 Here

I have the same problem and I would like to ask the admin to this forum why sumit at tracker program if there are no seeds= 0 (0) or peers? Also I believe that a few are using the the programs and not seeding when it is needed by the community. Also I can believe that some have reached there down and upload limit from there isp's. I would be so kind if the authours of these programs would let the community know on site what there difficulty may be with there torrents. This is a community is it not floks? :)

I have this problem but its a little different. im downloading some files which have a list of like 7 trackers and when the trackers are connected i have a lot of peers and seeds and i connect to a lot of them and have my normal isp speed, but suddenly all trackers go offline and if you ask me its a little imposible that all 7 trackers go offline or crash suddenly at the same time and 3 times straight. when the trackers are offline i still download from the peers i had connected before but slowly i start loosing them but when im about to lose all the trackers magicly reconnect and i get hundreds of peers again. so this is bothering me since everytime the trackers go "offline" my speed goes slow. anyone knows whats going on?

Archived