Problem with seeds once download is almost complete

gregh

Hey All,

I've been a uTorrent fan for a while, however i keep stumbling across a very annoying little glitch of some sort. Everything i seem to download burns along at 700kb/s until around about 97%, it then slows down to 0.1kb/s with 0 seeds connected, even if there is 4000 odd... Any solutions, I've followed all guides on here and I'm sure my settings are all correct. Seems a little strange,

Thanks for any help in advance...

Greg

Rather than offer anti-p2p advice, (it becomes clear why nobody is or can be trusted anymore), I would just say that if there is a doubt, you can use trial & error method. If torrents are only partially corrupted, you may still be able to get the parts you want. If not, then delete it and search for something similar. Different sites have different torrents, so try different sites also.

Just for the record, I've always told people to avoid copyright-infringing downloads if they wanted to prevent these kinds of problems LONG before BitTorrent Inc even came into the picture, and LONG before PeerFactor came into the picture. The only reason I gave that suggestion was because he asked how one could avoid this in the future (avoid != workaround), and that's just about the only near-guaranteed way I can think of.

so PhilA can we assume that you interpret p2p only as copyrightinfrignement because you are interpreting the sugestion "Choosing not to download copyrighted files" as "anti-p2p advice"?

May we point you to http://www.legaltorrents.com/index.htm or http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com/ or Ultimas well known "testtorrent open office"

gregh asked how he can avoid it, because he oviously didn't understand that I told him that they are not real from the beginning and you can only avoid downloading these fakes of popular copyrighted content -that is comercially exploited- in contrast to copyrighted but comercially nonexploited CC stuff for example- by not trying to download these torrents from public trackers where those fakes are tracked.

So the only other sugestion how to avoid -beside "do not try it in the first place"- could be "do not try it on public trackers" where every MAFIAA payed moron can upload fakes.

Archived