Red Exclamation mark even though port forwarding?

Lucky75

Hi all,

Im using uTorrent, but I keep having that quasi-Nat error thing show up. I am using a Linksys Wrt54g v3 router with the Tarifa firmware (similar to the DDwrt/hyperwrt etc).

I am port forwarding the correct ports to my computer (and using port 16881) and am not using any software firewall atm (disabled to check if it works, still doesn't).

Azureus would give me a nat error once in a while, but most of the time it was good. I am stumped as to why uTorrent is giving me this error.

Any ideas?

Cheers :)

I wrote most of that above :)

My modem is provided by my ISP (Rogers). It is a motorola, but I forget the exact model.

Firewall: Sygate before, but it is disabled now. Windows firewall is and has always been disabled (pos)

Router: Linksys wrt54g v3 with tarifa firmware (allows me to set custom startup scripts to flush connections every so often. similar to hyperwrt/DDWrt)

Sympatico has the worst technical support on the face of the earth, and also because I bundle my rogers plans together it saves me quite a bit :)

Also, apparently rogers doesn't remote configure the modem. Any other ideas?

I have also noticed that my ping SKYROCKETS when I am using uTorrent, even in the neighborhood of 1000ms+. This doesnt happen with Azureus. Any ideas? Could this be related?

Cheers :)

Interestingly enough, I get a nat error with azureus on this computer as well, but I am fine on my laptop. What could be causing this?

Ive patched the tcpip.sys file, disabled my sygate firewall, disabled my windows firewall, and added both clients to the nod32 exceptions list.

Im stumped :s

... Regardless of what Rogers does, that link I posted earlier about the Surfboard modems was just an example to show that Surfboards mostly suck (IMHO). Other people experienced the same thing even though their ISP supposedly didn't use that "feature." Of course, if it was Rogers that told you that little tidbit about them not exploiting the modem's feature, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they're lying.

Well I checked through my router and it assigned it an actual ip, and THEN I checked with rogers :)

Regardless of Surfboards sucking, why is it eating up my ping/internet/still saying I am firewalled when I am most definately not?

My other computer doesnt have the "Nat error" problem, so wouldnt it be something on my computer then? All the same ports are forwarded to both computers.

Yea, uTorrent is definitely causing my high ping..

To add: When I do a port scan, it thinks my ports are closed both on my router and on my pc, but I am sure that I opened them.

Would this be a router issue? Modem issue? Computer issue? I have no idea what it is....

Edit 2:

uTorrent DOES work with a green symbol on my other computer, but doesnt work on this computer, even though I have no firewalls on that I know of.... I have an Asus Pn5sli nforce 570 sli motherboard, but I thought asus dropped activearmor on the 500+ chipsets? Could it be related to my pc hardware? I am also using a Linksys Wireless G Pci adapter. Maybe thats it?

I am truly stumped. Port scanning from my other computer still shows that my router's ports are closed though...

I have tried a bunch of different things. Used tcpip default, used tcpip @ 50

used net.max_halfopen @ 4, 8, 30. All still causing high ping, though I am somehow not firewalled anymore. That scares me more, because I don't know why. I can still only get up to around 80kbps max total though :S

speedcheck is 1256/176 kbps :s

Archived