Original Seeder cannot upload?

jhn195

Normally when i'm downloading and seeding afterwards to a large number of people, i have no trouble maximising my upload speed throughout the entire time.

However when i'm the original seeder trying to upload to a very small group of people, my upload speed is next to zero. I leave the torrent on for the whole day but i'm only manage to upload 10-20MB per hour even though i'm capable of uploading at 50kB/s. I'm not sure if this problem is due to me being the original seeder and/or the fact the torrent doesn't have much people connecting to it (around 3-5). Either way, it's not good.

PS. I'm having touble connecting to all the peer as well.

Did you try to select Super-Seed mode? :? (Double-click on the torrent, select Super-Seeding in "Other Settings"). That's recommended only when you're the only seed, after someone else becomes a seed make sure to turn it off. :)

Yes i experiment with both Super-Seed mode on and off but it doesn't make any difference :?

Your ISP may be choking your upload when you become a seeder. Turn on peer.lazy_bitfield, restart uTorrent, and see if it helps.

What is peer.lazy_bitfield?

Then the ISP cannot choke my upload when...

Normally when i'm downloading and seeding afterwards to a large number of people, i have no trouble maximising my upload speed throughout the entire time.
?

Archived