Utorrent & Shareaza Conflict: Error - Process cannot access file

majinbijiita

I've seen this somewhere on the board before, but as far as I know, mine is the only one that is related to Shareaza.

This is the error message saying something like...this process cannot access this file because it is in use by another process.

I know the only conflict is with Shareaza, because I only get that message when both are running at the same time.

It must have something to do with Shareaza and utorrent competing to download the torrent or something like that.

Even when I uncheck all the boxes in the bittorrent part of shareaza, and make sure utorrent is the default program, and make sure to even do the "always use this program for this file" context menu, I will always get the message whenever the two are open together.

I even changed the location of where the torrent would be stored. It was Programs/Shareaza/Bittorrent so I changed it to My Documents/Bittorrent. That didn't help either.

I don't know what else to do. It's really a pain to not be able to have them both open at the same time. I want to be able to download torrents on utorrent, and other things on shareaza at the same time, and be able to listen to my music through shareaza since uttorent doesn't have a UI with a music player.

HELP?

I haven't used Shareaza in the longest time, so I don't know where the indexing options are anymore, but you can look somewhere in the preferences for the Library or something, which is what Shareaza does its indexing for. Even still, though, I'm definitely in agreement with DWK: shutting Shareaza off is a better idea.

Archived