Same files in multiply torrents?

Voodootool

Hello,

i have two pc´s running utorrent. one is a webserver that hosts about 25000 files and the torrents for them. the second pc is the one seeding all the files. is it possible to have one big torrent that includes the directory with all the files for seeding while the webserver serves single torrents for each file? i cant load 25000 torrents into utorrent on the seed pc. bnbt easytracker runs on the webserver as tracker. seeding works, the tracker lists the tracked files but no download starts.

i hope someone understand my problem :) whatever, is a file bound to its torrent? i believed only the hash does matter....

thanks in advance for reading this....

Thanks for the damn quick answer ultima.. do you have any ideas how i could realize this? edonkey and its ed2k links would work but edonkey is somehow dead. i need to distribute a large amount of small files via p2p. wait, cant i just copy the single torrent into a folder that utorrent scans at the same time a user downloads the torrent? i have to check this....

thanks again dude... best torrent client it is that utorrent thing!

Regardless of how you treat the files, you can't combine multiple torrents into a single torrent, start seeding, and hope that everyone using the separate torrents will be able to connect to you for the files, as they can't. How could you distribute? I'm not sure there's really a faster or more bandwidth efficient way to distribute all of those files than BitTorrent, but that means you have to load all the torrents (which I doubt even µTorrent can handle too nicely).

bandwidth efficence, thats the idea. well it works with single torrents for sure but iam not sure if the torrents i made with DropTorrent work with utorrent. i dont know any other way to batch make tons of torrents... i know nothing about the torrent file specs to be able to code something. but there are pear php classes to make them on the fly. as said i have to check that. thanks and bye for now!

Archived