Running as a service

ot

Looking for that too... specialy since I'm now using the multiuser webinterface. My Windows Server just rebooted for updates... what do you think how long it took til people complained that they coudn't access there torrents? And now I definitly do not setup an autologin on a Windows Server.... Actually that's just a stupid Idea on any system.. like letting your car on the street with an automatic door opening and starting function... so every thief just getting near the car can watch the car automaticaly start itself... really nice idea -.-

Besides that just having to run a Windows Installation with a logged on user even if it is password secured makes the hole think less secure...

That brings me to the next Idea... having it running on a Windows core server...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I use FireDaemon for my service needs, I too would much rather have uTorrent run as a native service, as I hate updating uT :P

I have to stop the service. Manually fire up uT. Wait for it to update. Shutdown uT. Start service. I'm sure I could batch file that process, but for it to be done natively would be ... awesome.

For all the people who still can't figure out why you would want this setup, I run uTorrent headlessly on 2 different servers, and I'm not about to do an autologin on either server, for 1, that's just not secure, and 2, it goes against my company's security policy, and 3, it's not as reliable as a service in case of a crash ... and I need these to be up 24/7 guaranteed (as well of a guarantee Windows can provide at least).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived