DHT not connecting or 0 nodes

chronicking

hello. this problem is beginning to echoe around here from what i'm reading in a few of the posts. well i noticed that my DHT couldn't connect [login] on me uttorrent client. i would not have even noticed probably but i'm currently seeding a torrent that the tracker is dead [red arrow] so i started troubleshooting. i tried alot of different setting with windows firewall, the routers firewall, port forwarding, NAT ip settings [enabled] and none of them seemed to help the DHT problem. i used to use bitcomet so i fired it up and DHT connected with over one thousand nodes......hmm[i wonder why bitcomet always has like 10 times more nodes than uttorrent....i guess that's another post]

anyway i finally guessed it right. it was peerguardian2. i disabled it and uttorrent DHT finally connected [about 250 nodes-that's about all i ever got out of it]. ok i still wanted to run pg2 because of it 's glorious blocking benefits but didn't want it to interfere with uttorrent tho. i updated it and re-enabled it and it still worked. i'm now running both apps just like before and the DHT is connecting. i'm pretty sure messing with pg2 got me back up and running. pg2 is great but sometimes blocks the wrong ip's. for instance, my free edition of AVG won't update til i alloww HTTP on pg2. you'd think AVG being what it is would be secure to connect to. someone at pg2 thought otherwise for the time being. i think this error was corrected though because now AVG will update without needing manual assistance. pg2 won't let spyware doctor update either. pg2 was even blocking itself the other day. it's gets i'ts [updates] ban list from scourceforge.net and it was even blocking it last week. haahaha i find that amusing. anyway, even tho pg2 is a must for serious filesharers it can cause issues from time to time. it did for me. hopefully someone that is experiencing what i did will read this and it will help them with the DHT issue. thanks for reading this post........lata

• 2 weeks later...

hi! i'm having the same problem right now, not being able to get any DHT connection, it displays 'waiting to log in'... my main prob is i don't have peer guardian nor am using any of the abovementioned programs that may block this. It was actually working fine before but suddenly it stopped working. now i'm getting really low download speeds... i have a norton personal firewall enabled, but utorrent is already granted access on it .. could this still be the source of the problem??

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived