yet another Port forwarding question

kob

Hello,

I'm sorry I don't even know where to begin asking questions...my OS is Windows XP Home. I run McAffee and have a personal firewall setup. At one point (versions may have changed since then) I had setup uTorrent, with my port number, as exceptions. Long story short - I seem to have tried all the suggestions on this site for proper port forwarding but with no success...

But then I saw, when I run ipconfig, I have a specific IP address (10.x.x.x) and when I run the speed guide port warding tool (which ALWAYS says my port is not forwarded properly), it thinks my IP address is a 68.x.x.x number. How is that posssible, and why does uTorrent think I'm a different IP than I am...because certianly my port will not be forwarded correctly if it is looking for it in a different IP domian.

I'm confused. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Doohopper

ok, then how do i correctly forward my port? i have followed the Portforward.com directions, made my port static and made that port open on my router configuration (NAT). My router is SMC2404wbr. i know this is a common question, however, i believe i have followed all the instructions suggested here and on Portforward.com and it still isn't working.

interestingly enough, upload and download bandwidth don't suffer too much. help...

Modem is Comcast (SMC 8013WG) connecting to a router SMC 2404WBR. McAfee has uTorrent application as an exception in the Firewall setup (i.e. uTorrent has full access to the internet). Router setup has ip address and static port for UDP and TCP open. Can't do the same for the modem because it is owned by Comcast and I can't access the setup page. How does the WAN number (68.x.x.x) get translated to the correct LAN number (10.x.x.x) so the proper port is forwarded? Sorry for all these questions, but I tried doing it on my own...and hasn't worked.

Archived