limited download speed ?

urbinek

when I'm downloading with µTorrent i can't surpass ~25 KB's of downloading speed

for example, i have 3 torrents, when I'm downloading them single, each of them is downloading with ~25 KB/s speed, but if i start downloading 3 at once for example first torrent is downloading with ~20 KB/s, second with ~4 KB/s and third with ~1 KB/sec ...

that same limit (~25 KB/s) is when I'm downloading openoffice.org or ubuntu linux

I have 1 Mbit dl speed and i don't remember that i set any any limit for my dl speed...

is there any way to fix it ??

P.S.

i patched TCPIP.sys and in advanced modify only queue options

I'm in LAN

we have 4096 kbit/s dl and 512 kbit/s ul

but admin set limit 1 Mbit dl and 6.5 kB/s ul for each user .... :( because one of LAN members used to much of speed and slows internet for anybody

I'm living in Poland and paying 35 zł

actual course of 1$ = 2,8849 zł so I'm paying something about 12 $

6KiB/s upload on a 6.5KiB/s line will more-or-less overload it O.O Very unique issue, but the only choice you have is to limit the upload rate to 5KiB/s and deal with 30KiB/s download speed, or set it to 6KiB/s and hope the internet doesn't get choked for you, or your download speeds don't suffer from overloading =T

6 kB works great

i have more ul than i guess or script doesn't work correct =D

now I'm downloading with 80% - 90% of my speed

one more question and topic can be closed:

(sry for my english, but i can't find words ^^" )

now I'm behind NAT, and if admin give me my own IP ( somehow... ) will that increase my dl speed or something ?

EDIT:

when i setup ul limit to 5 kB/s i se limited download at the bottom left-center of uTorrent's window...

6KiB/s upload on a 6.5KiB/s line will more-or-less overload it O.O

You're generally right, but 5kB/s has an obvious drawback :) besides there is something strange with urbinek LAN bandwidth dividing - either he gives us wrong values or admin has implemented some bandwidth borrowing between users, and I was not in the mood to inquire :)

Archived