Problems seeding a file

Kopperhed

There is a problem with a file I am seeding. People who are downloading the torrent are stuck at 99.1%. I am the only one seeding this file and when I check the Peers list in uTorrent it shows the following:

IP Client Flags % Down Speed Up Speed Regs

c-XX-XXX-XXX-XX.hsd1.il.comcast.net BitComet/0070 U 99.1 2.3 kB/s 0|2

XXX.Red-XX-XX-XXX.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net BitComet/0080 uI 99.1 0.6 kB/s

adsl-XXX-XX-XXX-81.adsl.iam.net.ma Mainline 5.0.3 uK 99.1

From my limited knowledge about bit torrents, I think the Flags are indicating the problem, I'm just not sure what is meant by them, i.e.:

U = Currently uploading (interested and not choked)

uI = Peer wants your client to upload, but your client doesn't want to (interested and choked) / Peer is an incoming connection

uK = Peer wants your client to upload, but your client doesn't want to (interested and choked) / Peer is unchoking your client, but your client is not interested.

uTorrent indicates that I am uploading the torrent at 37 kB/s. Also, the amount I have uploaded is increasing and the ratio is increasing.

I have successfully seeded other bit torrents recently and no one has had problems although those torrents were small while this one is a little over 2.0 GB. I have stopped the upload for serveral hours and then restarted it in hopes of clearing up the problem, but it has not corrected it.

Any assistance in correcting this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Kopperhed

I can think of 2 possible reasons for this.

First option - you have a router or other NAT device in "game mode" and the torrent you are seeding happened to have your local IP stored inside one of the files and replaced by that device.

Second option, you have changed some of the original files. For example, there is a thumbs.db in the torrent, and you viewed the direcotry with the pictures again. Or m3u playlist is in there and your player desided to add some extra info to it. Recheck the data to verify this option.

Archived