µTorrent when 1 seeder

mkdumb

µTorrent request much more pieces already seeded than other clients

other clients take like than every time a piece that have only 1 disponibility

so a big part of the bandwith is lost in transfering pieces already seeded to µTorrent clients, and in the same time some pieces never been transfered

i hope u understood what i mean, and why its a problem when u have a small bandwith?

ok

by an example

i have a file

i want to release it in a torrent,torrent have 10 pieces

now i am seeding and some leechers come

2 client azureus and 3 µTorrent

i seed pieces 1 and 2 to azureus, and 3,4 and 5 to µTorrent

at this point, azureus clients will request pieces 6,7,8,9 or 10, where µTorrent will probably request pieces 1,2,3,4 or 5 (they will not request the piece they already have of course, but they request piece in transfer, which will be 1,2,3,4 or 5, or its because the disponibility is not already updated, but in that case azureus stop the transfer where µTorrent keep it to the end of the piece)

ok now?

Since you are the Seeder and if you are announcing that you have all the pieces, of course µT will ask you for this pieces.

As long as the AZ peers have not announced that they have pieces 1 and 2 then the µT peer can only ask YOU for these pieces 1 and 2 since he does not know better I guess.

I don't see your problem here.

Of course I have not made an analysis with regards to your claim "µTorrent request much more pieces already seeded than other clients", but I'm sure you have some prove for that. Thru investigation of the Request sending patters of different clients in a controlled LAN environment for example. Therefore I will not claim that your before mentioned allegation is bunk.

In case you have a slow upload bandwith I would recommend that you use the "initial seeder" setting in µT.

Archived