regular internet interruptions

urbinek

when I'm downloading with µTorrent i have more or less regular ( about 5 minutes ) interruptions in my internet connection ...

i can see it when I'm using my " internet communicator " ( i don't know how to call it, its something like ICQ or AIM, if you can correct me I'll be grateful ), because when I'm starting new connection with network it play sound and I'm hearing it in each 5 min.... I have checked everything...

-I have at least 2 kB of free ul

-I have done everything what is in Ulima's FAQ ( http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992 )

-I scan my computer for viruses

-I have talk about this with my LAN admin ... and he says that in server is everything OK..

-I checker ports ( is there any application which uses that same port that µTorrent )

is there any more thing that i can check / do ??

First, use the speed guide in utorrent to set it up right for your connection.

If it still happens after that, try disabling DHT.

If still happens, decrease the max number of connections in ut to something as low as 20..30.

If it still happens, make 100% again you did the speed guide right :-)

@ultima

you mean that i must answer for these questions ??

IF NONE OF THE ABOVE HELP, provide us with the following information...

and as you probably know i have 6,5 kB/s ul and if i set up limit for 5 or less kB then my downloading is limited ....

so what should i do .. ?

@Switeck

I'm in small (settlement / exile i don't know word ^^") LAN network

I'm not using proxy server or something and server is set up as the internet gateway because for my admin it is more convenient than router

@Ultima

ehhh i thought that you remember my previous posts but .... :P

ok then ...

i have 1 Mb dl 6 kB ul

- Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window)

when I'm starting µTorrent its orange but after few minuter its tun in red

- What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes

now I'm using port 57882 but at the others port my internet connection is interrupted

and port checker says : " Error! Port 57882 does not appear to be open. " however i can download using this port

- What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent)

i don't quite understand thin question but i thing that is about connection type, i set up it to xx/64

- Operating system installed (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT? Something else?)

Windows XP SP2 with no updates

- Security software installed (firewall, anti-virus, antispyware, antiadware)

McAfee anti-virus + personal firewall

- Connection type (DSL, cable, dial-up), and the results obtained from the speed test (when running the Speed Guide), for both download, AND upload

ADSL slipped up in LAN

and speed test say that i have about 1 Mb dl and ~6 kB ul

do you want any more info :D?

btw Marry Christmas. ^^

Archived