ACCESS NetFront (PSP) support

kenton88

• 3 weeks later...

The PSP's web browser sucks. It really does.

I've used 1.5 since the PSP came out in US, but finally decided to update to 3.02 OE-B, because of how much it supported. I had always blamed the crappy web browser on DevHook's slowness, but it's honestly just crap.

You'd really have to cut the WebUI down a lot to get it working with the PSP, but if I have some spare time, I'll see what I can do.

• 1 year later...

Give 'em a break. There's no need to update an already working webui until some change to uT comes out. I'd expect and am currently hoping we see a public release after 1.8 gets some sort of stable release. I do have a question though ... do the current alternative UIs not work.. FlashUI, Mobile UI, etc?

It was a lighthearted/joking nudge for someone to develop/test "native" (standard HTML/JS/CSS) web UI code for/on the PSP web browser -- not sure what's to "give a break" about (there's no pushing/shoving involved here). Whether or not the current alternative web UIs work isn't in question, but either way, I don't really have a definitive answer (since I don't use the other UIs).

• 1 month later...

If you disable gzip compression of the web pages, it will load on the PSP (just looks like crap due to the size etc). I have it running on my PSP "fine".. enough to see if things are completed anyway :) (I'm using the latest official firmware BTW, not CFW)

Archived