I have a red light on the status bar

ak471992

I need help.

I am running a 3.4ghz processor with 1 gb of mem. I have read all I can on forwarding ports and I am still getting a red icon. I have 2 computers hooked thru a router and the second was shut off . My router is a TRENDnet TEW432BRP . My test speed was averaged at 455.6 kbps.

My download on utorrent is between 1.0 and 11.6 any help would be appreciated.

i am running windows xp firewall and it was set to accept utorrent however when I tried to double check my settings it said due to an unidentified error firewall settings could not be displayed. I set up a static ip but then I lost all connection to the internet so I had to put everything back.

umm i have a similar router as you make sure u have UPnP enabled and have that enabled in utorrent try that and see,might cause other problems that im having but might fix your problem, oh and make sure you restart everthing modem router computer etc

well go to my other topic and look at my setting see if you have the same or similar depending on your connection, it should fix all your problems, i really think its our type of router oh and i dont have staic ip or anything of that nature never did port forwarding but still able to download coz i have upnp enabled within the router configuration

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=17918

hi when i try to portforward i go on utorrent and where it says check if your port is forwarded i click on that and i follow the directions to get my port forwarded but it doesnt happen. my status bar is orange and my download speed for everything is o.o i have a bt 1800hg wireless router for 3 computers (one laptop). i have enabled upnp. please help this is driving me crazy.

so when you ckick on check if pports are forwared it give you an error? are you sure you port forwarded it corrcly and did you do that staic ip aswell, is utorrent allowed in your firewall

FRANK

try http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/index.html this torrent you should get speed close to your connection, if this torrent give you good speed its most likly that it the torrent file you are downlaoding

Last time I checked, you were asking for help, not the other way around. If you don't want to take my suggestion, and instead come around and tell me what to do, then don't bother asking for help. As it stands, you're not really looking for help, since you're not cooperating at all, so I might just not bother depending on how you respond in your next post.

If you actually read the link, and it didn't help, then you'd know what information we need to know.

ok , i'm sorry, but i'm just a bit stressed out and i just want it to work well.please help .

i have downloaded utorrent 1.6 and i am fairly new to this whole torrent business so i would like all the help you are willing to give and i am sorry for being rude and i hope we can put that behind us.

i have windows xp, this cmputer is crap it doesnt have much but it gets the job done. i have a bt1800hg wireless router connecting 2/3 computers. i tried portforwarding and i followed everything on the website about doing something with the wireless router firewall. when i checked if the port had been forwarded it said that it had not. the colour of the status bar varies, it is sometimes red and it is sometimes yellow at the time of writing this e-mail it is yellow.

when i press ctrl+g on utorrent it says my upload speed is 186 kB/s my upload slots are 8, my connections per torrent are 100, my connections (global) are 750, max active torrents are 9 and max active downloads are 8.

i have disabled the computers firewall and i previously tried putting on norton antivirus 2006 but i realised that the reqirements for it were higher than my computer needed, so i uninstalled it.

i am connected with bt. i have internet explorer 6(i dont know if this will help but i'm giving u all the info).

i have dsl i think .

also i was downloading [something we don't care to know about] and it stopped downloading for a couple of days and so did everything else but suddenly yesterday it started again but it has only reached a max dld speed of bout 15kb.

Also everything that i am downloading has red downwards arrows and none of them are connecting properly to the seeds and peers but [something we don't care to know about] did but its only connected to like i peer.

once again i'm sorry for being rude, please help. thamks.

Archived