uTorrent speed. Please help

Nick

I just got utorrent today. previously I was using bittorrent, but it was too slow. I had about 5 kb/s. When I got utorrent, it was faster, I had 20-35 kb/s. But after reading the this site, I realize mine is really slow (compare to the speed you guys had.) I read some topics on how to speed it up. But i don't really understand. Can someone tell explain in a sort of step-by-step way? Thank you.

SYS.

xp firewall(i turned it off, but no effect)

router

DSL

heres a few pointers for everyone.

A) Read the forums as a guest before just signing up and posting.

B) USE THE F*CKING SEARCH BUTTON.

C) If you still cant find anything relating to your request or problem then create a new thread with a clear title so that ppl will understand.

you could have easily posted in one of the many other threads about your problem instead of opening a whole new one.

sorry, but what is the global port range for uTorrent?

also, how do i find my bandwidth?

i have multiple computers on this network. is it ok if i only give myself a static ip? My DHCP in "ipconfig/all" shows enabled, what does that mean?

C) If you still cant find anything relating to your request or problem then create a new thread with a clear title so that ppl will understand.

you could have easily posted in one of the many other threads about your problem instead of opening a whole new one.

well, that helped a whole lot. nice one.. :lol: you gotta learn to be patient.

you'd get that documentation from your internet service provider (ISP). most ISPs have different speed levels. the more you pay, the faster your speed. if you can't find any documentation, then run a speed test of your bandwidth. there are many available online. search for one on google.

well, that helped a whole lot. nice one.. :lol: you gotta learn to be patient.

im a very patient person normally but when you see atleast 4 threasds about speed all on the same page all saying the same things it does get rather annoyinh that ppl cant be bothered to take the time to even look. hence why i made the comment.

Archived