virtual server port problem

stevenson

i tryed allot but i cant get it to work:s

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 4157 on 212.87.116.93...

Error! Port 4157 does not appear to be open.

im in my router at Virtual server there i can add the single port i only dont know how?

rooter : TOPCOM Webr@cer 881 PSTN

Virtual Server Configuration

Add Single Port

ID Public Port Private Port Port Type (TCP or UDP) Host IP Address

can someone tell me what i need to fill in ty allot !

and someone also told me somthing with static lan ip ? ty allot guys

Your computer needs to have a static LAN ip -- typically something in the 192.168.x.x range. If it's dynamic/changing, then the router will end up forwarding to the wrong ip...be like sending mail to a nonexistant house.

Virtual Server has to map/route the 1 port µTorrent uses TO the static LAN ip of your computer. It already knows where the internet is, so you don't have to "forward" that way too. :P

µTorrent Port Checker checks your internet ip, as it doesn't know what your computer's LAN ip is. If you've forwarded correctly, those packets still reach your computer -- because your router passes them on due to the forwarding details you gave it.

I'm having the same problem. My modem is 4tech ADSL2+ and I couldn't find a way to configure it the way it shows in the guide. Also I've tried the static IP thing filling up the IP address and the DNS servers but I just couldn't get online anymore so I had to change it again to obtain an IP address automatically. I have just two active torrents downloading right now and it's really really slow. What should I do?

Archived