Very good speed at the begining, but slow down after 1 min!

pedo

Hi guys!

I have 24MBit/1MBit connection.

I have used the "Mini-guide" to increase my speed. And the weird thing happened when my speed increased to 300-400 but after 1 min it decreased to 10-11kB/s, why?

I can´t find any solution yet, could someone help me out?

I have tried to download the openoffice and I reached a speed at 1.3 MB/s.

Ok the file I trying to download is only with 1 seed and a lot of leechers, maybe that´s reason. The weird thing is that I get good speed at the beginning. 300-400 KB/s but after one minute it dropped to very slow speed, 20-40 KB/s. My speed in this torrent goes up and down from 40-500 KB/s, strange! It feels like I have done something wrong or missing something.

The setup guide is just useless for me. Because I´m using the modem from my broadband company. And I don´t need to open any port or have the oppurtunity to do that. So what kind of guide could you recommend me? What should I do to optimize my speed now? What portnumber do you use or recommend?(please say)

The last question, do I still need to patch my TCP? I`m using WinXp with service pack 2?

After patching the problem is still there, on my loggbook I`m still seeing TCPip warning 4226, but why?

A lot of questions in the same time, hope you can take your time to answer...

Thanks in advance.

Download speeds may be fast at first because others have maybe 10-30% of the total torrent -- so you're downloading from them. But then you get all they have and are waiting on the seed...and speeds drop to no more than whatever the seed can sustain.

If you're firewalled by a NAT device which gives a private LAN ip address to your computer...then *EVERY* port is firewalled! Basically any networking device out of your control may cause that, such as your modem.

If you're still seeing TCPip warning 4226 then you either need to reduce µTorrent's half-open connection rate...or you have something else on your computer spamming your connection. (And you probably need to remove it quick!)

My speed has stabilize now and I don´t know the reason... I have waited for good speed in a week now in this torrent, 2 seeds and 137 leechers, my speed has increase from 40kB to 200-500kB/s.

BTW, it seems that I have a "switch modem", I share the broadband with my brother and he´s using utorrent as well, is that ok? Could that affects the speed?

Archived