seed while xxx% not working properly

drpiety

i have set the torrent to stop at 100% in its properties so it should stop at a ratio of 1. Today i checked it and the torrent was at a ratio of 1.1 and still seeding. Not that seeding is a problem but i would have needed the upload for another tracker.

The torrent was a partially downloaded one. Maybe something to look into.

I have the same problem but I think I've set it all up correctly.

Basically as a test overnight I set the following

Ratio: <=50% or Seeding time is: <=90 minutes

Limit upload rate: 0kB/s (yes i did check the box to enable this portion)

Note I did not check the box that says seeding tasks have higher priority.

I used these settings as a test. I started downloading a torrent. It finished and then started automatically seeding as it does. When I woke up the ratio was >100% so it should of stopped. I'm pretty sure the seeding time was >> 90 minutes because I only allowed 1 task at a time to download. The next task queued up had already been running for 4hours so it's safe to say that both these conditions had been met yet the upload/seeding hadn't terminated.

Something is wrong in the logic of this portion of the code and I think it needs to be checked out visualy in the code base. Drpiety may have misconfigured his settings but I'm pretty sure I haven't and to be honest I don't think it will solve his issue based on my experience even if he does configure it as he should. The version of utorrent I'm using is 1.1.7 (build 289).

I think we should all be quoting versions when we log bugs because it may work in one version but not the next due to regressions. I'd be interested in knowing which version this apparently works and under what settings it works especially.

Thanks

Edit: Maybe I'm misunderstanding how this should operate. Do these conditions/counters get initialised to zero on completion of the torrent?. For eg even if my ration was >100% during leeching but once it starts seeding only would this be reset back internally to 0. Regardless I think it should of stopped based on the time factor anyway even if it does get reset to zero when it's only seeding.

Archived