two gateway addresses on one router?

gundamseedes

well if I am looking at your pictures correctly, the 58 gateway is the gateway you access for your ISP.

In other words, your cable or DSL router, goes to I believe either a switch or router at your ISP than it goes through a gateway to the Internet. I think it's due to ISPs having thier own ISPs. Like how my ISP Atlantic Broadband uses AT&T.

Someone correct me if I don't have that 100% correct.

dont really get u but im using a motorola modem connected to a router and then connected to my pc.. but the 58 when i type in the address bar .. it goes to my router log in page .. and when i type 100.0.0.1 it also goes to the router log in page.. so now im wondering how do i portforward it.. or why are there two gateways..

Are you using a proxy in your browser? If not, then your ISP probably placed you behind a transparent proxy. FWIW, though, you don't need to forward that large a range of ports to your computer -- it's a bad idea.

And um... why does the port checker say your port is forwarded properly the first time, and not forwarded the second time? Did you mess with the settings?

i have no idea wat is a proxy... ok i can change the number of ports.. but still that doesnt explain why i still cant portforward .. my isp is starhub.. and i haveno idea why the port is forwarded ok the first time and not ok the second time .. i just tried it was ok,,.. then i tried a few minutes later .. it wasnt ok

btw i did edit the settings the ip part only wait let me give u an ss

Archived