Download gets stuck

Ladizo

A file I'm corrently downloading made it to 99.6% and now its stuck for a couple of days now.

The program shows down speeds between 180 kb/s and 200 kb/s and the file just goes up to 99.9% and then falls back to 99.6%. availability is about 12.

any Ideas why would it say that its downloading while its not?

Router as in the hardware routing packets coming from outside (from the modem) to the correct computer on the network. But since you're not using a dedicated router, I need to know if your modem functions as a modem+router combo.

Edit: Or I'll just cut to the chase. If you're using D-Link hardware (or the modem is indeed a modem+router), check if it's on DMZ mode. If it is, then it could be causing hashfails. If it isn't a modem+router combo, then chances are, the torrent is poisoned.

If you block the poisoners, then your torrent should finish quickly.

Almost always, the poisoners are in a very narrow ip range...often only their last number after the last period changes such as 38.100.0.0-38.100.0.255

If you add the probable bad ips to µTorrent's ipfilter.dat file (you may need to create this text file in notepad), then µTorrent should block those ips...preventing them from sending bad data in the first place.

Archived