UPnP

camilo

Ultima,

I have read a few replies regarding the UPNP problems and although the advice you give will work it's skirting the issue that port forwarding by UPNP is no longer working (properly) in version 1.6.

I have two machines which run utorrent, version 1.5 on one and version 1.6 on the other.

The machine running version 1.6 has had a clean install of windows and so I decided to update utorrent to the latest version. At first I could not understand why the status hadn't turned green until I checked my router and noticed no ports were open.

I tried everything I could think of to get the port forwarding to work and bar doing it manual I was unsuccessful.

I knew UPNP was working because bittornado could opened ports using it.

I uninstalled version 1.6 and installed version 1.5 and now without changing anything else (not even a restart) UPNP works. When I let utorrent update to the latest version it stops working again.

Change: New UPnP code (works on all OSes)

This proves (at least to me) that version 1.6 has a bug in the UPNP routine.

@metro: I know, but what am I supposed to say about that? ludde wrote his own OS-agnostic implementation of UPnP for µTorrent -- of course its compatibility is going to be different, seeing as how UPnP-enabled devices don't even have compatible implementations despite the fact that it's supposed to be "universal."

Archived