port forwarding and static ip

wendy

i dont have port forwarding or static ip on anyof my compters/router] and i have this problem http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=17918, i want to try doing port forwarding and staic ip using portfoward.com, but the question i have is that i have a laptop that i take to school and if i do a static ip will this effect me at school? will i still be able to connect to the internet, printer, and network drives at school? or will there be a special way.

also i have the trendnet tew-452brp router when i was at portforward.com it didnt have my model so i was looking at tew-432brp do you think its the same way of portforward?

If you set a static IP, then yes, it probably will affect your connectivity at school. In that case, while you're at school, just set Windows to configure everything automatically (not static IP) and restart the computer. Note that you probably can't forward ports at school, and will generally get terrible speeds, if you get any speed higher than 0KiB/s at all in the first place.

The port forwarding procedures, if not identical, should be similar enough to follow.

Archived