Red Icon At the bottom!!!

callistino

Hi, I am having trouble connecting. I have a red icon at the bottom of the screen and the down speed is less than 5 kb/s with up speeds at 23 kb/s because I had it limited to 22 kb/s or else it would go to almost 50 kb/s.

I have an Actiontec GT704-GW, I have read every guide about port forwarding and have done everything form statict IP to forward my uTorrent port on the router.

I have avast antispyware without any firewall and windows firewall has been configured to allow uT.

I dont have any games on my PC, my ISP is TDS, my speeds are 667/330 and have uT set up to 256 kb/s and limited upload to 22kp/s.

I apprecite the help you can give me about this issue.

Hm, further investigation shows that it is a modem+router combo... -.-

Anyhow, for something like this, the only source of problems I can think of are (1) you made a mistake in configuring the router, (2) your modem+router doesn't do as it's told, or (3) your ISP is shaping traffic.

Well I dont know what the problem is but if my ISP is blocking the traffic why is uT working fine on my laptop and not on my PC. I oppened two different ports on the router for my laptop and my PC with two different IP addresses. Is there anything else I can check? I cant use the same port for both PCs even when using different IPs, the router wont let me add it. Please help.

I have upnp dissabled on the router as one of the guides said to do, and I dont know how to enable or disable it for each separate pc. Does it need to be enable on the router even when I forwarded the port? UPNP mapping port box is also unchecked on uT options, does it needs to be checked?

Yep they both have the same settings. I was only using uT on my laptop, but didn't have enough memory so I installed it on my desktop. Then it wouldn't connect on any of them so I had to set static IPs on both and only my laptop got to work fine. Could it be that the wireless signal is not blocked as the LAN could be?

I have done the static IP and port forwarding on my desktop several times and there is an specific guide for my router Actiontec GT704-GW, which I had followed thoroughly. I never got a green icon, but the first week I got down speeds of up to 150 kb/s, now it wont go over 10 kb/s. I havent updated anything but just downloaded a couple of TV shows. This is getting me crazy. Please any other ideas?

Archived