Problem getting green icon through NAT

Predtech

Hi guys, i have a problem with uTorrent lately. A while ago i started not being able to get the green icon anymore in uTorrent whereas i never had a problem before. I didn't change any settings or hardware or reinstall or anything else strange, it all of a sudden just happened. I have read the setup guide MULTIPLE times to make sure that i'm not doing anything wrong. I use a Dlink DI624 version C router and Windows XP PRO SP2. I have a static IP address from my router, port 55555 forwarded for uTorrent firewall allowed uTorrent no problem, port triggered on 55555 also, and yet still no luck getting green. The stranger thing is that i have no real problem with speeds of downloads. On a well seeded torrent i can get speeds upto and over 100kb/s, not always but sometimes, but still it erks me that it won't go green EVER!

Can someone please help me figure this out because i think that if it goes green my speeds could increase even more.

Thanks

Predtech

Static IP addresses frequently need to be outside of the DHCP range of the router but in the same netblock (same 192.168.x series).

Try an IP address that meets those requirements.

Disable (windows firewall only) or uninstall (any other software firewall) any software firewall you have, as the router is providing that functionality.

I changed the DHCP range ending address to make the static ip address several numbers outside of it's end. It's still in the 192.168.0.x family though. also i have no software firewalls going at the moment. I haven't installed my zonealarm firewall yet and the windows firewall is turned off also.

Still RED, damn it!

lol

Archived