Can someone help me get this working.

rickien

I have read the FAQ and the setup and alot of these threads. But I cant seem to figure it out. I am using a Linskys router wtr54g v5 but the section on that says it does not apply to this router. I have turned off all of my firewalls but it seems that the problem is the port I'm using. I have gotten another torrent program to work after some problems with it. All it took was someone saying change your port to this one. Did that and its up and running now but the files are limited and what I'm looking for isnt there. Please if there is anyone willing to help me get this straightened out use simple language as when you get into all of the technical computer language then you may as well be speaking in a foreign language. And I will appreciate anything anyone will offer. Thanks

Rickie

I think I have gotten it narrowed down to my isp blocking p2p. What I mean about the files are limited is....I found a service that I could get to work (I dont think it would be proper to list names) but I am looking for another service because the files they have are limited and I havent been able to figure out how to use it to download torrents from the web, I can only download from what is on their site. And the particular one I am looking for is not on their site. Is there a way to get around my isp blocking p2p?

And the problem I am having is I cannot get it to work at all.

If Protocol Encryption doesn't work to get around your ISP shaping traffic, then all you can probably do is switch ISPs. Some people might suggest using VPNs or proxies, but I don't have enough experience (none, to be exact) with using them to be able to recommend it.

Archived