Disk Overloaded

ZawX

Always when i start new torrents that max out my connection i get disk overloaded and my torrent slows down to about 200kb/s (max is 1.1mb/s but can go as high as 2.3mb/s if i'm lucky) and it says Disk Overloaded down in the middle of the utorrent window.

The error persists from time to time over the whole time downloading the torrent. This is getting really annoying and doesnt show when seeding torrents with maxspeed (1.2mb/s).

I would love to hear if there are any special settings that can be made to minimize this problem, my harddrive is 80gb and is pretty old, memory use wont be a problem.

Any suggestions welcome, thanks :)

Every harddrive has a cache rating (mine is 8MB i believe) and thats how fast it writes a second at the max. You probibly have a harddrive that has a cache rating at less than your internet dl rate. Its kinda like trying to pump 20 gallons/s of water into a 10 gallon/s compatable pipe, just dosn't happen. I suggest limiting your dl rate lower until you stop getting that error.

"Every harddrive has a cache rating (mine is 8MB i believe)"

I think you're confusing that with the hard drives internal RAM cache. This is RAM the hdd can use to speed up constantly-accessed small files and/or writes to the hdd that are delayed due to constant reading of other files.

• 1 month later...

Archived