Not getting green light

plasticboy

I've not been able to get a green light... i've done all the steps to configure the router to permit the program in.

When I use port checher - it gives me a different Ip adress than the one I have for my computer. My computer is configured for 192.168.0.1 - not 69.159.103.62

As well in portforward, it gives me the same IP adress 69.159.103.62

This is the message I get in utorrent:

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 12020 on 69.159.103.62...

Error! Port 12020 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

I have checked all my firewalls - and they have been configured to let the program thru

Please help me.

Thanks.

1) Your computer should not use 192.168.0.1 as its IP address. That is probably the IP address of your routers LAN gateway. Set your IP address to somewhere between 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.254 for a static IP address.

2) The IP address 69.159.103.62 is probably your WAN IP address (what the rest of the world sees when trying to connect to you), which is set in the router.

And go through the steps again to setup your router at http://www.portforward.com/ as it might need to be redone.

If those don't work, please give us more information so we can help you. Router model and version, firmware (and version) used, OS type/version, firewall software/version used, etc. Every extra bit can help.

Archived