Any way to set Norton I.S. 06 to scan completed DLs automaticly???

eggsandnoodles

i know i can tell utorrent to auto start an app on completing a DL. but does anyone know how to just make norton internet security 06 automaticly scan a completed DL? - im sure its a matter of just directing utorent to the correct .exe in the norton folder...but which one?

let me clarify - in the torrent properties window on the advanced tab we can tell utorent to run a program when said DL finishes. what i want to do is to run an anti virus scan on the downloaded file(s). im already running Norton for my firewall 24/7. so if i tell utorrent to auto start norton (second instance) im sure it would choke up a hairball. since i have a good subscription to, and like,

norton i want to see if i can do it this way. other wise i guess my alternative is to DL some freeware virus scan app and do it that way.

No takers?? 20 views and not a single comment? my issue is that when i check on the utorrent box and i see i have a completed DL i some times dive into my new DL without scanning it as i know i should - especially with small odd torrents found on small odd trackers with 1 or 2 seeders!

maybe i should just install a second AV app for this

You need a command line type prompt to do this. Try searching google or something. You should come up with the path of the virus scanner followed by some arguments. An example: "C:\Program Files\AVG.EXE -scan C:\test.exe" I cant really explain it very well if you dont understand this. Its kindof like a command prompt if you ever used it.

The thing about this thread is that a LARGE majority of users here (at least the more active ones) don't use products from Norton, so we can't give specific instructions for it. As spork985 said, you need the commandline parameters, but again, most of us don't know it. Maybe you can look around the Symantec knowledge base?

Archived