about tracker

zixter

I was trying out a torrent file on utorrent just now...and when i saw that there was a error on the tracker of the file i double clicked it to have a look...it shows 1 tracker url.

However I tried that torrent file on bitcomet and 3 tracker url showed up when i opened it in bitcomet.... 1 was spoilt (the same one that was down at utorrent). The other 2 was working and hence I could download in bitcomet.

I then copied the 2 url and added it to the torrent file back in the utorrent program again. This time round the file was able to begin downloading because these 2 trackers are the real working ones( yet utorrent did not show it at first and hence I did'nt know they existed)

i hope no one is confused here...but my point is : why is utorrent listing less trackers that the torrent file is supposed to have? Is there something wrong with my settings?

*please do not misunderstand my post here...i love utorrent and care for it that is why i posted in the first place...i hope to resolve this problem so that I can completely get rid of bitcomet...thanks in advance*

Opening the .torrent file as plain text in Notepad2 reveals this:

created by13:BitComet/0.60

Perhaps BitComet is writing trackers in a .torrent file in such a way that µTorrent can't read them properly? :? If so, it could also be a bug with BitComet's torrent file maker... :idea:

It's probably because BitComet has an option where you can specify global backup trackers, and it's using in this case since the original tracker for the torrent was dead.

my global backup trackers field is blank in bitcomet though... i do not know how they got that but it is a good feature though...but that does impresses me...

guess every client got its strong points heh...i will take the trouble paste extra tracker if i ever meet one in u torrent i guess.. 8)

Archived