will somebody help me

ak471992

HI i have a few problems.

i have already had my ports forwarded and my status bar is a green tick. i have followed ultima's guide to get faster speeds. i have windows xp and use a bt1800hg wireless router. my speed results are download - 1920kbps upload - 240kbps.

1. i have red downwards pointed arrows.

2. it seems that i cannot get a speed over 40kB/s for download and upload when connected to about 70 peers and 10 seeds is this normal.

3. i had one file downloading and i added 3 more files to be downloaded but they would not start downloading. however the first file is downloading at about a constant speed of about 20-30kB/s. i have been waiting for a few hours to get them downloading but it wouldnt even show how many peers and seeds there are. just (0) and (0). but yet the first is still downloading.

can ne1 help me please.

yaeh i have tried that my speeds have gone up quite a bit they are reaching about 50-60kB/s however i still have the red arrows and i still have problem 3 listed above but now they do start working after about 5 hours is there anyway it just says its queued.

thanks for the feedback

problem 3 is no problem! the queue is normal if you use the correct values like we told you.

and if the arrow is red, then there is something wrong with the tracker. See in message in the general tab. A Tracker errror is nothing µT is responsible for.

Oh and please please read the beginners and the setup guide! http://www.utorrent.com/guides.php

if you want to download (i counted 5 for your other post!) torrents at once, you would need a much faster line then you have now. With your tiny ~200kilobits uploadline you can not expect that you can run 5 torrents at once and get resonable speeds for them. thats why µt has this queue system in place to make sure he can get good speeds if the torrent swarm itself is capable to provide you with full speed. Please don't mess with the settings, be patient. If you are following the setup guide and obey it, your download line will get maxed out, if the torrents you try to download have enough fast peers in it.

thanks for the info but then how doi actually get the red arrows to go normal i already read the beginners guide and everything as almost everything i download is red arrows. thanks for the help it really helped my speeds now get up to 120kB/s.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

oh sory i figured out what you meant. it says:

one says :

invalid url

the other download says:

proxy connect error:no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

also if it is red arrows what difference does it actually make to the download.

the difference is, that you have no connections to the tracker, all your connections are working only via the DHT network or the µT peer exchange.

read some wikipedia basics about the purpose of a tracker if you are curious.

the reported errors are sounding like the tracker is gone. (either temporarely or permanently if the copyrightowners have them shut down)

you might better try do download something with working trackers.

yeh i tried downloading 2 torrents from legal torrents but they were both red arrows. so i take it that something or somebody is blocking me, is there anything i can do about it.

also do the red arrows even make a difference to the speed or anything else on utorrent.

thanks for the help

Archived