Tor & UTorrent

blarg123

I know there are alot of "how can i configure Tor with UTorrent" threads around, but after a bit of quick searching, my question is still unanswered. Despite that it is looked down upon to use the Tor network, does it actually work? Even in the slightest bit, does it do anything? Becuase i read that peers need to connect to your real IP address, so im wondering that since i'm able to upload and download, its not working. Because if it was, i wouldnt get any speeds at all.

It does not work. p2p requires you to have a real IP address so that other peers can connect to you. as Tor masks your real IP it will be effectively firewall your client, thus incoming connections are impossible.

Also Tor does not have sufficient bandwidth for its normal use anyway, so its possible they blocked p2p as well.

If you're going to use a proxy of any kind, just don't bother forwarding your ports at all. Divide your maximum transfer speeds by maybe 5-10 (or even more), and those are the kinds of speeds you'll be getting by trying to use Tor (read: crap speeds).

Archived