Moving Torrents to another location

ga0201

at least for the minute you move, you need to stop the seeding ;-)

but yes, you can do that. the procedure is in principle like the migration guide. (stop torrents, move content, rightclick -> set download location - > point to new location where you moved files, do a force recheck to be sure your moving hasen't tilt a bit or two, and then resume the seeding as you like.)

HTH

However, when there are 1,000's of albums to move, this process can take time... Move your least popular files first, since there is little chance of those files being seeded in the middle of your xfer...

I had the same issue, moved my collection over, didn't stop anything and man you should have seen the hate e-mail's I received! :) It was a bloody nightmare... so what I did was noticed which ones where active the most, left them alone, and moved my least touched, that way those where moved, and seeded and happily moving.... I just waited until my xfers stopped and then quickly moved... took me 'bout a week to do the entire process...

But whatever you do, just be constant! :) har har har

• 1 month later...

I actually did this to move a file to a network drive and then planned on reseeding. I stopped the torrent, moved the downloaded file, and then did the "Set Download Location" to point to the complete file. When I restarted the torrent, utorrent treated the torrent as new and started downloading the whole file again. Luckily it was well seeded and only took about 10 minutes but it could have been a multi-day process.

Did I do something wrong?

Rick

• 1 year later...

> When I restarted the torrent, utorrent treated the torrent

> as new and started downloading the whole file again.

"Set Download Location" is easy to comprehend when the .torrent is one file without any folders. When you get into .torrents that have folders, you can easily set the wrong download location. I've done it a few times myself.

Archived