Start Minimised

ocd

@Kalimist: Problem with that is that if you don't close it while it's minimized, then µTorrent will be visible at next startup.

@ocd: There is no setting to start µTorrent minimized; only the shortcut workaround guarantees that µTorrent always starts minimized.

• 6 years later...

I also have a problem with the new utorrent not doing its minimising thing properly. It only started happening with the latest build of 3.0, not the first version of 3.0 that came out. If i set it to start minimised in preferences->General, it ignores this setting on both the latest 32 and 64 bit builds. It does start minimised if i add the command line switch to a shortcut to utorrent(but i rarely start it from a shortcut), however if its also set to be minimised to tray(which is how ive used it for years), it does this, but will also show utorrent open in the taskbar for a few seconds aswell if its pinned there. It never used to do this.

Another bad outcome of this bug, which is more annoying for me because i use utorrent in this way the most, is: if a .torrent file is opened either directly, or automatically by firefox after downloading it, it activates the program window over the top of anything open, even when i set it not to in the preferences->UI Settings->When Adding Torrents->Activate the program window.

Also if utorrent is open but minimised to tray, and if its pinned to the windows taskbar, clicking the utorrent pinned app then shows the app as being open, as if its opening it in a way in which its treating it as already being closed and not just minimised, yet it doesnt activate the window, i have to click the system tray icon. it never used to do this either. Usually, the ONLY time i ever see the utorrent pinned icon as active in the taskbar, is when i minimise utorrent and if it it is set not to minimise to tray. I think i might be going back to the previous version for now. Does anybody know what the very last build was before any version of 3.0? I also dont like how unticking 'show category list' does so partially but leaves part of the category bar there with only 1 category, pretty useless.

Archived