Curious

oOLiquidNeoOo

Hello new here and I am just curious about a couple things.

Can someone explain what are seeder and peers, like who am I connecting to the peers most of the time?

What language is this program written in?

Also right now I am downloading a movie where the connection has basically went from 300k to 400k down to 0.1k every now and then jumps to 1.5k. I don't understand why the connection droped tremendously I have the port open on my router says the connection is fine when I test it to. There is no seeders but not sure how you read this correctly I am guessing when it says 96(2171) peers that I am connected to 96 of those 2 thousand peers? If anyone has any suggestions on how to get a better connection and could just explain to me about seeders and peers I would really appreciate that, thanks!

... Can anyone say, "wrong forum"?

Seeders have all the data, while peers don't. If you need a more in-depth description, check out the second link in my signature. µTorrent is written in C++. As for the speed drop, it's probably due to incorrect settings, but we wouldn't know unless you tell us how what the Speed Guide shows your settings to be currently.

Well can anyone say kiss my ass? Lol alright just kidding please don't ban me for that lol, I got anxious and just went to the general forum. Well I followed the guide to setting up my connection did as it said with checking my upload and download speed, then doing the thing with dividing the upload speed by 8 etc etc... I downloaded one of the test torrents called slackware or something like that. Downloaded no problem around 300k+. I am thinking where I am trying to download this file from is just too far out of reach.

Before I get into that. Is it possible some torrents are fakes? Because the one I am trying to download stops at 4 percent no matter what torrent software I use. The movie shouldn't even be up yet it's claiming that it's a dvd rip but the release of the dvd isn't till february and with every torrent software failing to download just that one movie I want and never had any problems with download anything else. I am thinking that the file is just a fake. Is that possible? Could I pass the torrent along to you and see if it quits at 4 percent?

Archived